MATHEMATICS COLLEGE

Histogram or Bar Chart? Select which graphical display is most appropriate to describe the distribution for each of the variables listed below. Hint: First determine if the variable of interest is categorical or quantitative (a) Trash pick-up day for each household in Ames, IA.b) Patient wait-time at ISU Thielen Student Health Center for each patient seen on a given dayc) Number of trips taken during a given school year by each ISU student.(d) Tax bracket of all Iowa residents.

Answers

Answer 1
Answer:

Answer:

a) Bar chart

b) Histogram

c) Bar chart

d) Histogram

Step-by-step explanation:

a) Trash pick-up DAY for each HOUSEHOLD in Ames - This is categorical data because, we are talking about days of the week. For instance, Household 1 might have Sunday as Trash pick-up day and that could be accumulated into frequency. Hence, BAR chart is the most appropriate.

b) Patient WAIT-TIME at ISU. This is continuous (quantitative) data. And the most appropriate is HISTOGRAM.

c) Number of trips taken during a GIVEN SCHOOL YEAR by EACH ISU STUDENT. Let say we have 5 ISU STUDENTS. Student 1 had 5 trips, student 2 had 10 trips, etc.

We want to see which student has the most and least trip in that particular school year. Although is count data but the most appropriate graphical display is BAR chart.

d) TAX BRACKET of ALL Iowa RESIDENTS. This is a continuous (quantitative) data. The most appropriate graphical display is HISTOGRAM.


Related Questions

MIDDLE SCHOOL

Convert 4,873,800 milliliters to liters? Show work!!

Answers

There are 1000 milliliters in a liter.

So to get to liters divide the number of milliliters by 1000.

4,873,800/1,000=4873.8

So your final conversion is 4873.3 L
K H Da U D C M 
 
4,873,800 ML=_____ L
1) divide
2) by 1,000
3) Move the decimal three to the left: 4,873.8

Hope this helps!!
COLLEGE

A project has a 60% of super success earning $50,000, a 15% chance of mediocre success earning $20,000, and a 25% probability of failure losing $30,000. What is the EMV of the project?

Answers

Answer:

The EMV of the project is $25,500.

Step-by-step explanation:

The EMV of the project is the Expected Money Value of the Project.

This value is given by the sum of each expected earning multiplied by each probability

So, in our problem

The problem states that the project has a 60% of super success earning $50,000. So

The project has a 15% chance of mediocre success earning $20,000. So

The project has a 25% probability of failure losing $30,000. So

The EMV of the project is $40,500.

MIDDLE SCHOOL

Round to the place of the underlined digit 423,906 583,342

Answers

I think that the first one would be 400,000 and also maybe the second one might be 600,000
HIGH SCHOOL

4/3 of a number is 20. What is the number?

Answers

Set up an algebraic equation:



Now solve:




Hope this helps!
COLLEGE

Factor 8ax + 20a + 6bx + 15b

Answers

Split this into 2 parts: 8ax + 20a,
+ 6bx + 15b
8ax + 20a --> 4a (2x + 5)
+ 6bx + 15b --> + 3b (2x + 5)
Now combine them:
4a (2x + 5) + 3b (2x + 5), and now factor out the 2x+5
(2x + 5)(4a + 3b)
MIDDLE SCHOOL

15.7 × 3.18 The product will have decimal places.

Answers

You count how many numbers are behind the decimal

15.7. = 1 decimal place

3.18= 2 decimal places.

Add them together. The answer will have 3 decimal places

Hope this helps!

HIGH SCHOOL

Is the first 5 10 times as great as the value of the second 5 in the number 37,253,956

Answers

The first 5 is in the ten thousands place and the second 5 is in the tens places so it would be 50,000/50 which equals 1,0000/ It would NOT be 10 times greater, it would be 1,000 times greater...hope this helps!
MIDDLE SCHOOL

Which expression is equivalent to 3/4(4h-6)

Answers

Answer:

3(3h-3/2) in its simplified form.

Step-by-step explanation:

Given the equation 3/4(4h-6),

First we will open the bracket up by multiplying through by 3/4 to have;

3h - 9/2

Since 3 is common at both sides of the resulting equation, we will factor it out to have;

3(h-3/2).

Since we cannot simplify further, then the expression 3/4(4h-6) is also equivalent to 3(h-3/2).

Answer:

3h-9/2

Step-by-step explanation:

3/4(4h-6)=3h-18/4

simplify

3h-9/2

MIDDLE SCHOOL

Is 2m-7 monomial, binomial, trinomial, or not a polynomial

Answers

It's a binomial. It's obvious hence the prefix "bi-" means 2.
Random Questions